This is another recipe from heaven.
I was never a big fan of the traditional pancakes as I thought they were too “doughy” and always made me feel quite full … But since I have been trying this new diet, I thought I should be open-minded and try something completely new… And isn’t life all about trying new things? It is indeed!
So this is the perfect lazy Sunday breakfast / brunch recipe. I truly loved it. My sister caught me in the kitchen whilst I was stuffing myself with a three layered pancake and actually questioned if I was eating all of that by myself… The answer was obviously ‘YES!’ but I was happy to share it with her… “Sharing is caring” after all… And that’s exactly what Comidamor stands for – food made with LOVE for the ones you LOVE! She loved them as well and I had to repeat the recipe the next morning… (I must confess: I didn’t mind at all!).
These pancakes are ‘fluffyliciously’ pink due to the naturally infused colours from the beetroots. They are also naturally dairy, egg and gluten-free.
What’s not to like?
Oh… by the way… as a topping I used a super delicious Maple Syrup my brother-in-law just brought me from Canada. Thanks bro xx.
- - 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- - 1/2 cup hot water
- - 1 cup oat flour
- - 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used rice flour)
- - 1/4 tTsp. sea salt
- - 1 Tsp. baking powder
- - 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- - 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- - 2 medium or 1 large beetroot (cooked, peeled and chopped)
- - 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil or coconut oil (melted) plus a bit extra for cooking
- - Fresh berries of your choice
- - Maple syrup for serving
- - Banana slices
- - 1 Tsp. organic raw cacao nibs
- - In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with the water and set aside for about 15 minutes or until they get into the consistency of a paste or a pudding.
- - Add the chia seed mixture, flour, salt, baking powder, milk, maple syrup, cooked beetroot and oil into a food processor and mix on high speed until well processed.
- - Heat a large saucepan with coconut or grapeseed oil over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the dough onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot in multiple layers with fruit and melting cacao nibs.
- - Enjoy.