To me this is one of the world’s best porridge.
It’s the easiest thing and with a bit of creativity and ingenuity you can make it in 10 / 15 minutes, always with different toppings, and creating a whole range of different flavours.
It’s pretty simple really: just get the base ingredients – (gluten-free) oats, coconut or any other dairy-free milk, banana or mango and some cinnamon – add them all up in pan and cook them gently, stirring well (add extra milk if needed) and you’ll get the most delicious combination.
The coconut milk (ideally a good one with no nasties) is nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Consumed in moderation, this ingredient can benefit your health: can help you lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke. Specialists recommend that coconut milk should be consumed 1 or 2 times a week…
So what’s not to like? Delicious, nutricious and creamy!!! Yay… just bring it on.
If you’re looking for some more breakfast ideas, why not try these “Cacao Overnight Oats with Strawberries“?
- 1 cup / 230 ml of water
- 1/2 cup / 60 gr of gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup / 60 ml of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 banana or 1 cup of mango
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- raw honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- homemade gluten-free granola
- pine nuts or pistachios
- Just add all the base ingredients to a pan (oats, coconut or any other dairy-free milk, banana or mango and some cinnamon) and cook them gently, always stirring well (add extra milk if needed) and you’ll get the most delicious combination.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!