“Who’s gonna work for the working man…
for the working man”
Sometimes life is just too stressful and busy, and days are just too long. Most of us work really hard – some of us work all day – and coming home after a long day at work and having to think about dinner and about next day’s breakfast and lunch can be a real challenge.
So “Who’s gonna work for the working man?” Well, let me tell you: This recipe will!
You must be thinking: “But a salad??! Is she serious?”. Yes, a gorgeous and healthy Moroccan inspired carrot salad that is one of my all-time favourite salads. I know that those beautiful summer days are gone for good and I know I should be sharing comforting recipe ideas with you …. And you say “But it’s cold and I am tired I want something warm!” …. Oh well, I have an addiction and I can’t seem to be able to resist a beautiful and colourful salad just like this one… I can’t get enough of fresh, light and easy salads. And this flavourful salad highlights a lovely veggie that is normally relegated to a supportive roll.
So, If you are really exhausted and don’t wanna spend too much time in the kitchen? Let me tell you – this salad is the perfect option for a quick and light meal. It won’t take more than 10 minutes to prepare and you’ll have enough time to cuddle your pets, or vegetate on the sofa and read a good book.
Comforting enough? Believe me it’s an amazingly easy salad, which works perfectly as weeknight dinner or a lunch and it will keep for at least 3 days in the fridge (it gets better every day).
However, if you’de rather serve this delicious salad as a side dish, why not pairing it with this super high-protein and yummy tofu and quinoa croquettes? For the full recipe, click here.
- - 450g large carrots, spiralised
- - 1/4 cup cashews
- For the marinade
- - 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- - 1 Tbps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- - 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- - 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- - 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- - 1/2 Tbsp ground cinamon
- - 1 Tsp brown moscovado sugar
- - 1 preserved lemon, cut in half, pith and pulp removed and skin finely chopped
- - 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- - Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- - Mint leaves, chopped
- - Black olives, pitted
- - Raddish, spiralised
- - Start by mixing all the marinade ingredients on a small bowl.
- - In a large salad bowl, mix together carrots and cashews and gently toss together with marinade. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 days to allow the flavors to meld and permeate the carrots.
- - Served chilled or at room temperature with the suggested garnish.
- For a fancier presentation, serve raw carrot salad, in quartered avocados or on a bed of lettuce leaves, garnished with a spring of mint.