Good morning sunshine.
Spring is finally here (or so it seems!) and it’s time for some seriously “good morning vibes” kind of breakfast.
Are you with me here? 🙂
So let me present you something special, indulgent, easy and perfect for busy working people:
Overnight High Fibre Chia Oats
Probably the simplest of the breakfasts and yet one of the healthiest ones.
Undoubtfully my favourite, all time brekkie combo, as it is so truly simple, healthy, easy to make and indulgently satiating. Plus, it’s a “everyone’s” favourite and never disappoints. I love it, my sister loves it, my husband asks for it and Cookie (the cat!) too.
To make this really an healthy option, try the following tips:
- Start your day with warm lemon water.
- Then try to eat something within an hour of waking (If you’re active first thing in the morning, eat something within half an hour of exercising).
- Always include a protein rich ingredient in your brekkie and don’t forget good carbs, fibre and some healthy fats too.
If you want to live the healthy life, there’s no way escaping these rules. And remember, eating clean or being healthy is not a diet – it’s a lifestyle.
So the best way is too start your day fuelling yourself with an energising meal and this brekkie here is the perfect formula.
It’s not just healthy and nourishing. But it’s warm, comforting, satisfying, creamy and so delicious.
Also, it’s super easy to make, and can be prepared in quantity, being kept in jars, for at least a few days of the week.
So there are no excuses to miss the most important meal of the day anymore.
- delicious brekkie made with high fibre ingredients such as chia and oats.
- And also super creamy,
- and easy to prep ahead for a busy week.
Sounds good, right? I know… 😉
Ready for the recipe?
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nut butter
- Nuts, seeds, fruit for topping
- Soak 1/3 cup of oats with 1 tbsp chia seeds overnight with both water and vegetable milk. Keep them in an airtight container.
- In the morning, put the mixture in a pan and bring it to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked, adding more
- liquid if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put in a bowl and serve with the suggested toppings or any others of your choice (soy or coconut plain yogurt also work well with this combo).