“If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain” I am sure you’ll love this gingery and citrusy, mint flavoured smoothie – it won’t let you down. It does remind you of a Pinacolada, and the more mint you add the sweeter it will get…
I love Pinacoladas.. in any sort of shape or way…
So, this morning I was in a bit of rush and after a very muggy and warm sleepless night (Yes… London is a hot tropical destination now…Were you not aware of that?!). But anyway, I was in desperate need of something cool and fresh for breakfast. So I thought of this smoothie that is perfect for summer – it is so fresh and silky and works perfectly either as a drink (a smoothie) or as a smoothie bowl. Either way – love them both! The advantage of a smoothie bowl is that you can then top it up with all your favourite fruits, syrups or cereals. And I am also the kind of person that enjoys the full ‘eating ritual’ – I need to enjoy my food, I like to seat down and dedicate time to what I am eating. Well, if and when you are on a rush, and maybe in need of some healthy greens, this is a perfect ‘smoothie to go’ as well.
Enjoy it either ways. [wpfa icon=”heart” size=”1x”]
- - 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- - 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
- - 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- - 1.5 cups chopped frozen ripe pineapple
- - 1 small ripe frozen banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- - 1 large handful of organic spinach
- - 1 small handful of organic kale
- - 1 small handfull of fresh mint
- - 2/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- - filtered water if you want it thiner or more liquid
- - 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- - 1 Tbsp. of homemade granola (gluten-free)
- - 1 small handfull of red fruits or berries
- - Shredded coconut
- - More mint
- - 1 Tsp. of maple syrup or raw honey
- - Add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender, and blend thoroughly on high speed until completely creamy. If a more drinkable consistency is required try adding more water or ore almond milk.
- - Blend for 1-2 minutes on high speed so everything gets very well blended together, especially the ginger.
- - Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- - Serve immediately with toppings suggested or any others of your preference.
- - Bon appetit!