Looking for a delicious dessert that is also (reasonably) healthy, guilt-free and ready in 5 minutes?
Yes… 5 minutes!
Search no more!
Well, if you are not new to my blog, you already know how much I love the combination of chocolate, coconut and bananas. And it fact, who doesn’t? So let me tell you a bit about this purely decadent recipe.
I had some last minute visitors coming for lunch last Saturday and I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to have the time to make a proper dessert. But I didn’t have much on my pantry and not much time available to go shopping for the perfect ingredients or the perfect recipe. So I grabbed whatever I had – bananas, chia, cocoa powder, maple syrup and… not much more to be honest. Mixed it all in the blender and Voila! A perfect and indulgent combination of ingredients in a pudding that was ready in less than 5 minutes (plus refrigerating time, of course). What more to ask?
Desert sorted! Puddings in the fridge.
This desert may also work as a snack (really depends on how badly you are craving for something sweet and smooth).
- And super easy to make.
With a smooth, dense texture, delicate sweetness, and a perfectly balanced combination of flavours and long-lasting aftertaste, this is a rich, indulgent treat that you will wish to enjoy all alone, taking your time to truly relish each spoonful.
Ready for the recipe?
- 3 ripe bananas,
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut (or any other vegetable) milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut, garnish (optional)
- Mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Put all the mousse ingredients in a food processor and whip them up into a creamy mousse. Slice the banana and add the sliced to the bottom of two jars.
- Pour the mixture into the jars (on top of the sliced bananas)
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready, garnish with some desiccated coconut, mint leaves and serve.
- You could definitely freeze this and serve it as a nice cream.