Apologies for the long absence but as some of you already know through my insta stories, I have been working on an update to the blog where I will be able to show you all about my well-deserved holidays and about those fantastic places I have been traveling to.
In the meantime, and because Summer requires light and fresh food, I feel like there is nothing better than sharing another super healthy salad with you – this time a velvety, vibrant and super crunchy one that is perfect for warm summer days.
It consists on a bed of salad leaves – chicory, rocket and watercrees – topped up with smooth avocado, walnuts and a lemony tofu dressing. The bitterness of the chicory is perfectly paired with the fresh rocket, the super crunchy and sweet walnuts and the velvety avocado. The tofu dill dressing enhances the nutritional of value and makes this salad even healthier, rich and flavourful. This dressing has the consistency of traditional mayonnaise but is obviously much healthier and is extremely versatile. If you have any leftovers you can use it at as spread with your favourite crackers or bread.
As I said, this super salad is:
– With a super smooth and velvety tofu dressing
Try it on a hot summer day and use as many variations of herbs as you like. Basil also works well in place of dill…
If “it’s getting too hot in there and you feel like taking off your clothes“, try this salad first and let us know how it went by using the #comidamor.
- 3 chicory (or endive) heads, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 50 g wild rocket, washed
- 50 g watercress, washed
- 2 large ripe avocados
- juice of ½ lemon
- 90 g walnut halves or cashews
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 15 g fresh dill, stalks removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp) tamari sauce
- 350 g silken tofu
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Toss the chicory, rocket and watercress leaves together in a large bowl.
- Peel, stone and slice the avocados, then toss in the lemon juice to prevent the slices from discolouring.
- Place the avocado slices on the salad bowl together with the previously layered leaves.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and season lightly with pepper.
- Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor or blender. Gradually add the oil with constant mixing.
- Season to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- Add more lemon juice if desired.