Avocado & Black bean lovers… Are you there?
Today I am bringing you a recipe that honestly never fails. Basically, any Mexican-inspired recipe with tasty avocados and beans should never fail!
And I shall tell you why this one in particular is so special – it is part of 6 week detox program from a well-known personal trainer here in the UK. The fact that it is a “deconstructed” burrito means that all the heavy-carbs from tortilla are left out and replaced with healthy greens. It’s a 100% healthier version of the classic Mexican dish without losing all its traditional flavour.
To me is the perfect week-day power-lunch – delicious and filing… which you should definitely consider trying.
It’s vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free and soooo easy to make – Perfectly healthy with no nasties.
“You’re welcome!” 🙂
- - 30 g uncooked quinoa
- - 125 ml water
- - 50 g cabbage, shredded
- - 80 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- - half a medium carrot, grated or spiralized
- - 1/4 medium red or yellow pepper, sliced
- - 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- - 30 g corn kernels
- - 30 g avocados, diced
- - 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- - 50 g soy yogurt
- - half a lemon, juiced
- - 1 tsp chili flakes, finely chopped or grounded
- - 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- - Start by cooking the quinoa: bring the quinoa and 125ml of water to the boil in a small pan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, covered for up to 12minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- - To make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until liquid. Set aside.
- - Place the cabbage in the bottom of the salad bowl and start layering with all the other salad ingredients (avocado should be left on top).
- - Drizzle with salad dressing and gently toss to combine. Garnish with some coriander and serve.