Last weekend I was attending a three day convention and I was sure that I would be staying for long hours without eating. So, thought of something that is not just delicious but that would also be a great morning and/or afternoon snack. And anyway, who wouldn’t like something called “sunshine coconut balls”? They are so easy to make and at the same time such a healthy boost of energy.
My friend Teresa, who was seating next to me on the convention, was the first one to try them and to be honest I was very pleased with her reaction – she kept the container for herself and asked for the recipe straight away. Oh Joy! (I am glad I managed to have one before passing the container to her side).
Oh yes, I know, they do look like the original Brazilian “brigadeiros” but do you want to know the truth? They are better than Brazilian “brigadeiros” as they are extremely low on sugar (only natural sugars) and their taste is super satisfying without being overly sweet. They are also super rich in fiber and protein… So what’s not to like? 😉
Super healthy, 100% vegan, guilt-free snack that is also high in protein and fibre. Delicious and energetic, perfect snack for busy mornings.
- - 25gr Raw cacao powder
- - 35gr Chia seeds
- - 45gr Sunflower seeds
- - 45gr Pumpkin seeds
- - 45 Unsweetened desiccated coconut (plus more for coating)
- - 70gr Gluten-free rolled oats
- - 4 tbsp Coconut milk
- - 140gr almond butter
- - 3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- - 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- -Put all the dry ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix them together. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and blend everything until a smooth paste is achieved.
- - With the palm of your hand, start rolling the mixture into small balls and then roll each of them in the desiccated coconut for coating.
- - Put the ball on a serving tray and keep them in the fridge for an hour to set.
- - Store them in an airtight container and they will keep for up to 7 days.