Feeling like a Monday and wishing it was a Saturday night?
Bank holiday weekend is over and Saturday feels like hundred years away. And you just want to get through this week as smoothly and quickly as possible. So bear with me: I have the perfect recipe to help you through the week!
This deliciously amazing simple dish is nice and light and full of complex flavours and is also naturally gluten-free, grain-free and vegan. What more can we ask?
This suuuuuuper healthy and yet filling and hearty stew it’s undoubtfully the best kind of comfort-food to help you get into the routine of another busy week. And is also perfect for summer and winter and it’s equally delicious hot or cold.
It’s a Moroccan inspired dish, in which the tomato paste thickens the stew and adds and intense hearty flavour. The chickpeas and the spices add earthy and sweet aroma to the dish. It is perfect for a week night meal because it requires only a few ingredients and it’s ready in pretty much 20 minutes. It’s so easy but yet so comforting and rich.
It requires only 4 basic ingredients:
courgette (or zucchini),
You can also add some other veggies like mushrooms and sweet corn but be sure that the chickpeas and courgette will overpower the taste of any ingredients.
So… basically this is a fantastically easy and healthy stew that will ready to serve in pretty much 20 minutes…
… and you’ll be thanking me for the rest of your days ?
- 2 large onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- 6 green courgettes (or zucchinis)
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 100 g of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small can of sweetcorn (optional)
- 1 small can (240g) of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, for cooking
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Peel and thinly slice the onions, peel and chop the garlic cloves, clean and slice the courgettes and mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until softened for about 2 minutes, add in the garlic and zucchini and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, sweet corn and tomatoes with juice (or some vegetable stock) and stir.
- Add in spices and season to your liking.
- Stir again and cover to continue cooking on low heat for 5-8 minutes until the courgettes soften slightly. (without overcooking them to mush).
- Sprinkle with some fresh coriander leaves.