The “Winter is coming”!
Oh wait … yes. Brace yourselves – The clock has gone backwards and indeed “the night is dark and full of terrors” so the best thing to do, is to get yourself warm and nourished with an hearty, energizing and filling breakfast pudding.
If you are looking for something to brighten up a cold, rainy morning … well…search no more – we have the perfect fuel for your day. Breakfast is the most important meal and it absolutely sets the tone for the rest of the day – so let’s start the morning with positive vibes and with a super tasty, sweet, fruity, comforting and fuelling porridge that is creamy, thick and perfectly spiced with cinnamon.
This is the first of many easy wintery breakfast recipes Comidamor will be sharing with you and this one … I promise… this one will keep you going throughout the day.
- - 3 big pears, cut in chunky pieces (favourites are Peras Rocha or Conference Pears)
- - 2 tbsp. of water
- - 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- - 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- - 200ml non-diary milk (I prefer coconut or almond milk)
- - Extra water (as needed to thicken the porridge)
- - 80 grs rolled oats (gluten-free- ideally)
- - 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- - 4 tbsp. walnuts, crunched/ smashed into pieces
- - 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- - Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- - Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- -Start by cutting the pears into big chucky pieces and place them on a baking dish with water and 1tbsp of cinnamon. Let them bake until caramelized – this should take around 20 minutes on 200C.
- - in the meantime, heat a sauce pan with the coconut oil. Once hot, reduce the heat to medium and add the milk, oats, vanilla extract, maple syrup. Stir altogether and let it cook on a medium heat, then add some water (as needed) as the milk gets absorbed. Cook for about 4 minutes, whilst stirring until the porridge gets creamy.
- - Add the porridge to a bowl and top It up with the baked pears (and its juices), walnuts, seeds (optional) and a cinnamon stick or ground cinnamon for extra flavour.
- - And enjoy.